Chelsea vs Bayern Munich Highlights & Full Matches
UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round
channel: BT Sport HD
format: 1080p 50FPS
bitrate: 7 MB/sec
size: 6 GB
format: 720p 60FPS mkv
bitrate: 5 MB/sec
size: 4 GB
- Chelsea and Bayern Munich’s last Champions League encounter was the 2012 final – the London side won 4-3 on penalties (1-1 a.e.t.) at Bayern’s Allianz Arena.
- The four previous matches in all competitions between Chelsea and Bayern Munich have produced 17 goals, an average of 4.25 per game.
- Under the current format, Chelsea have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League 14 times in 17 seasons since 2003/04 – only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich can boast more k/o appearances over that time. However, the Blues haven’t made it past the round of 16 since 2013/14.
- Bayern Munich have reached the Champions League knockout stages for the 12th consecutive season – only Real Madrid (23) and Barcelona (16) are on a longer run. The Bavarians have made it past the round of 16 in seven of the last eight campaigns, the only exception coming last season when they were eliminated by Liverpool.
- Bayern Munich won maximum points (18/18) and had a goal difference of +19 in the Champions League group stages this season, the best-ever performance by a team in the group phase of the competition. However, none of the previous six teams to have won all their group games have subsequently lifted the trophy that same season.
- Chelsea have been eliminated in each of their last four Champions League home/away ties, failing to win any of their eight knockout games in that period (D4 L4).
- Chelsea have won only one of their last six Champions League games at Stamford Bridge (D4 L1), a 2-1 victory against Lille last December.
- Since losing the 2012 Champions League final against Chelsea, Bayern Munich have eliminated English clubs in four of their five subsequent home/away ties in the competition.
- Chelsea and Bayern Munich scored the joint-most goals from set-piece in this season’s Champions League group stages (5), including three each from corner kicks.
- Chelsea manager Frank Lampard scored three goals in four Champions League games against Bayern Munich as a player, his joint-best record in the competition. He also converted one of the penalties in the victorious shoot-out in the 2012 final against the Bavarians.
- Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has scored 10 goals in this season’s Champions League, only the second time he’s reached double figures in the tournament after 2012/13 with Borussia Dortmund. However, he has failed to find the net in his last 597 minutes in the knockout stages of the tournament, his longest drought.